Mittwoch, 16. Dezember 2009

You Can't See The Wood For The Trees?

We just had our end of the year party or how it’s called here the ‘Bonenkai Ceremony’.

That means pretty much the same as; the party to leave the passing year behind ‘otsukaresamadesu’ (we did a good job, it’s time to go home) …


***



***

The restaurant had an elegant atmosphere. I came a little late, the boss boss started already with his speech (in English), ups, but no problem.


I got my glass of Champagne ... Cheers!


After finishing my glass, I asked the waiter, if I could have one more Champagne.


Sure no problem he sad and disappeared for a while …


I continued with the conversation between my boss and me.


Some minutes later he stood friendly smiling in front of me holding a pen in his hand …

Saying 'please here you are!'

I was confused??? What a pen!?

Then I understood …


No way ChamPEN!!!!!??? Such things happening here everyday ...


***







***


°°°


A Japanese tradition is that the newcomers (Florence, Fujisawa, Orikasa & me) have to prepare something for this event …


And we did. I had this stupid idea to come up with a performance:


… some one could be the Christmas tree, the others (dressed in crazy Christmas outfits) could bring it in, all wrapped up in newspaper and a lovely red ribbon …


decorating it, singing the good old German ‘O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum …’ song … and just going a bit of the wall!


So far so good, but I didn’t expect that I would have to be the lovely tree imitation.


But just have a look at the pictures …



***



***


We had to play some other games and got well juiced on Whisky in a fancy fancy lounge after the dinner.



***


***


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen