Dienstag, 17. November 2009

Mother Nature ...

There was no time to loose and no chance to rest … we went straight from the airport to the immigration office, the bank – to open a Japanese account and to the town hall to apply for several documents I even don’t remember very clearly.

My thoughts where slow and woozy starring at the TV-screen in the immigration office it showed a map of Japan and the southern coast line including Nagoya was hatched in red. Then they blended over to a camera facing the shoreline and the open sea. In the right corner the blended in the actual time 11.33 and another time 12.38 … I asked my boss what’s it all about. He explained: that’s the live cam of the expected Tsunami hitting Japan at 12.38 … I realised quickly that I’ve landed on an island. I couldn’t think straight, but I remembered that the airport was close by the sore and the airstrip is actually built in to the sea!?!

Lucky me I was already waiting in line to apply for the ‘certificate of alien registration’ - welcome to Japan.


***










***


Just a couple days later I had my next rendezvous with Mother Nature when the Typhoon Melor slammed on the Aichi Prefecture. That evening we had to leave the office earlier and had to stay home at least until 10am the next day. First of all it started to RAIN cats and dogs & then the storm kicked in.


That night my shoebox I’m living in raised the most amazing sounds I’ve ever heard.


The next moring I stepped outside of my door and realized that my timber plank witch usually lying in front of my door, pretending to be a doormat, was gone with the wind …


Luckily not too many people got injured or killed it caused mainly property damage.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen