Sonntag, 29. November 2009

CATS&DOGS.

When I went to Kyoto the other day I took the chance of another business trip to see the beautiful temples and their amazing scenery in Kyoto …

***


***

Before I joint the others designers at the Kawashima Selkon Textiles I went to the Chion-in Temple to gain some inspiration.
***


***
It was raining cats & dogs …

I started my investigation on the way from the Higashiyama Station to the temple.

So I stumbled into a little tool shop and found this lovely set of chisels.

***


***
I didn’t know the meaning on the handle when I took the picture, but then Yamamoto-San explained to me. So I should have taken it more easy and calm at the temple in Kyoto …

***



***


I was amazed by the beauty of the contrast of the accurately defined face surface & the rough casting surfaces.

***


***

… but the rain was just too much.




The Chion-in Temple
***


***

Praying for sunshine?

***


***


So I discovered this little detail.

It looks like someone
threw the key to his heart into the water to make his wish come true ...


***


***


I think umbrellas are a strong cultural item in Japan … not only when it rains.


***


***

I was a little bit annoyed; me hidden under the umbrella, trying to protect my camera from all that water surrounding me ...

But after accepting my wet feet, I realised that there is always something beautiful to see and to explore if I would just take a little closer look …

***


***
And another advantage was that there where just a few other pilgrim who strolled around the spiritual spot.

One last classical picture (aside from the water signpost) … the amazing colours of the Japanese scenery autumn.

***


***


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen