Freitag, 20. November 2009

Concrete jungle Nagoya.

I forgot to give you a little background information about the location.

Here it comes:

Just to give you a quick slightly boring over view of where I’m located, here a re some details.

The city Nagoya is the third-largest incorporated city and the fourth most populous urban area in Japan - in other words it’s big. It’s the capital of Aichi Prefecture. The area has 8.74 million people, of which 2.17 million live in the city of Nagoya. One of the important features is that it’s located on the Pacific coast. But unfortunately there are no waves because its location is in a protected bay. That could be good feature in case of a Tsunami …


***




***


But the main thing is that it’s NOT as cool as Tokyo or even Osaka …

So what seems that there is some potential to change that!?!

To be honest I’m not even living in Nagoya, because the company provided me with a flat for the first two month in Kariya … it feels like living in the back yard of the company. When I open my window the red company logo shines brightly … I can’t wait to get my ass out of here. Gonna move to Nagoya in December.


°°°


In Kariya exists one diamond; it’s the little surf - snow - skate - cycle shop SIDECAR. Ikuho, a very nice Japanese guy, runs it. It’s a perfect mixture for me … apart from the nail studio which is also in the same space???! Know it sounds strange, but sometimes girls are sitting in the area having a beauty treatment …


***






***

I’ll build up my bike down there. Ikuho can lend me some tools, because I would say I’m naked here when it comes to D.I.Y. equipment.






2 Kommentare:

  1. Ahahah! you say the shop is the perfect mixture...apart from the girls! But shouldn't be surf-snow-skate-cycle AND girls the perfect combination indeed?!!

    I'm following...

    Alex

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Lucky me!

    So there are some lovely people who are really reading all that ...

    I already thought I should stop writing all that.

    AntwortenLöschen