Dienstag, 2. Februar 2010

the devil likes it hot – steam season PART FIVE.


***



***

I always wanted to see an active volcano! Now I did and it is an incredible experience. Better then any hot spring …

Sure we all learned in school or way before from superman comics that the inner earth's core consists mainly of iron & nickel; and also that the next layer with its 3500 km radius of liquid iron is just a few kilometer under our feet. But it just seems so unreal.


***



***


I have to admit, that Aso san is not as active that you can see any lava, but when we arrived he gave us a little taste what he is capable to do. I was just on the edge of the crater when the smoke coming from the inner of the volcano got extremely dense and the warning signal went off. Everyone around me started to cough. At first I was confused. Seconds later I quickly escaped coughing from the volcanic crater.



***



***

Because Aso san had just emit some of his poisonous gas. The security guards closed the area for a several minutes and I took that chance to check out the view that faces the other side of the valley.


That was the best decision ever cause I made one of my best friends on the way up there …


***



***

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen